Saturday, December 29, 2007

Feeling Sorry For Myself..........

Feeling Sorry For Myself


Today I brought my 13 year old daughter to a friend of ours, home. Visiting too was an 8 year old little boy. 8 going on 20. So articulate in his speech. What I would give for my son to be able to speak like that.. My eyes swelled with tears as I watched my daughter play a video game with him. Her Autistic brother is 8 1/2 and what I would give to have them be able to play together like that. My daughter seemed so calm and peaceful. I know siblings fight but they also play together and that is a missing link for my daughter. Autism is like a tornado it rips your home to shreds, and before your feet lies the shattered pieces of glass that rip through your heart strings. All you have left is the rubble of what could have been.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heavy sigh,

I hear ya. Christmas really reminds me of how hard autism is on siblings.
You're in my prayers.