Monday, January 14, 2008

A Bitter Sweet Day.

A Bitter Sweet Day

Today is my son's 9th Birthday. Nine years ago I gave birth to a very healthy beautiful boy. My husband was ecstatic. A boy!! He adored our daughter but I knew that our son being, his only son, and the first Grandson meant the world to him. He was so proud. Twenty two months later our world shattered in front of us. Six months prior to loosing my mom to Leukemia, Jack was diagnosed with moderate to severe Autism. I felt if I was drowning. None the less I knew I had to stay afloat for our son, for my family, For myself.

We immediately started him in early intervention. At two he entered the School System in the PEDD program. We were sure he would get better. After a lot of research we realized we lost our son to the very thing we thought was protecting him... VACCINES..........
Jack has come a long way but has so far to go. We thought and hoped he would be a lot more advanced at age nine then he is. Today we celebrate the Birthday of a beautiful boy but also we silently grieve over the loss of our son to Autism.

We are no way giving up. We sent an urine sample to Paris France where they do an intense breakdown of what pathways to the brain are blocked and with what metals. All Jack's three major pathways are blocked with mercury....... Is anyone really surprised?
SO again we are starting chelation. Are third try. This time will be oral. He had his first dose this Sat. Sun. and Monday. Three days on 11 days off. This has to work. We want our son back. We can never get back the years that were stolen away from us but if this works and he looses his Autism label, we will be euphoric!!! Happy Birthday Jack. We love and adore you!!

No comments: